Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Nostalgic Ride

I enjoy watching the ETS pass in front of me, for it reminds me of the good old days of travelling to Ipoh monthly. It never came across my wildest imagination that I'd no longer get to be in Ipoh anymore.



The Seremban-bound ETS passing by Bandar Tasik Selatan on one fine day...

Nowadays, I shudder whenever I come across the ETS......

I dearly miss those days when I used to take the KTM Shuttle Train and subsequently the ETS from KL to Ipoh on a monthly basis. Where mom would come over to the train station and pick me home. Such a mommy's girl.

I also fondly recall the enjoyable moments of spending time together with mom and dad at home during the weekends in Ipoh. It's the place where we had our meals together, where I used to go to places with mom... to shop, eat or simply stroll around the old streets.

Also:

1. I miss driving shortcut to Batu Gajah (BG) from Ipoh to meet my buddies during the holidays. It's been almost a year since I last met someone from there.

2. I miss some of the best food in our country that's only authentically-available in Ipoh.

3. I miss travelling to Taiping to see the Lake Gardens from Ipoh and pamper the sweet memories of my childhood with my late grandparents.

4. I miss spending my breaks with serenity and full relaxation.

5. I miss travelling by the ETS to Ipoh, not the one loaned to KTM Komuter from Sentul to Seremban and vice versa. Although I take the ERL (KLIA Transit) almost daily, it does not substitute the fun of taking the intercity train fortnightly.

6. I miss the feel of going back to my hometown. Speaking of which, I actually spent very little moment growing up in Ipoh because I was out most of the time... and


7. I miss my mother very much.

Will there come a day when moments of sweetness gradually return to life?

No comments:

Post a Comment