Monday, February 13, 2012

Whatever Will Be, Will Be

Energy is what most of us always take for granted... until the time when we need some but unable to find enough. I never knew of such exhaustion, until recently.

Despite the odds, I'm thankful that the little one is there.

Moving to the next topic, here's an account of my experience with check-up at both places... private and Government, as well as other matters that bother me.

Registration at Klinik Kesihatan
At the time of registering for the 'red card', I have yet to decide where I really want to go for my check-up. Since there's no harm having a place to check-up at the Government clinic as its free albeit very crowded, I went along with my elder folks' suggestion.

In a nutshell, I was satisfied with the service provided during my first visit there although the queue due to the high number of patients seemed to challenge one's patience. But the nurses ("Jururawat Masyarakat", or "JM") at Klinik Kesihatan Seri Kembangan were nice although they're busy.

In another few weeks' time, I'm supposed to go for my second visit which includes MGTT. At the moment, I have no idea if my blood glucose is ok or otherwise although my glucose level was on the low side during a random blood test back in 2008. I felt like using the blood glucose meter at home to test myself, but I find it hard to poke my own finger although poking others' is easy. So, I'll leave it to the clinic to do it.

Visit to Columbia Asia
A search had led to the finding of a new hospital that's not too far from my place. The Columbia Asia Hospital in Balakong, Cheras was opened recently.

Seeming interested to see a gynae for a more thorough check-up as well as to find out the root of the scary incidents, I randomly went to see one of the gynaes. I saw Dr Norshida Brahim, a nice and friendly lady ob-gyn.

On the whole, I'm happy with my gynae, the nurses, staff and environment at Columbia Asia. There are ample parking spaces too. I'll definitely consider this place should I successfully make it to the delivery stage (if... and only if I make it to the stage).

Too soon, too early
Still far from motherhood, it's thus too early for me to plan for anything. Fingers forever crossed and being arguably over-realistic a person, I always think it's better to live life from day to day when it comes to something such as this.

I have no intention to buy any baby stuff until the baby is safely delivered (my parents did that during my time and I agree with such practice). I'll not buy any maternity dress until I really cannot fit into my existing clothes. I'll not tell the world that I'm indeed going to be a mother until I am really one.

"Scare No. 2" is next to "Scare No. 1", and NO to discrimination
I do not care whether it's a girl or boy as long as the child is fine and healthy.

Speaking of which, I'm actually dead-worried because a 25% risk is nonetheless high enough to cause me some fear. After all, phenotype does not necessarily reflect the genotype within.In order not to add greater boredom to this post, I'll not divulge into the details.

Conclusion

I have never gambled on anything all my life, and my first time doing it is when I'm in my present state now. Still too early to tell whether this experience of mine will turn out to be a bundle of joy or the contrary, I'm living by the saying "Don't count the chickens before they're hatched".

After all, I've just got another "scare" this morning. Looks like I'm relying on artificial support for what's supposed to work naturally for the majority. In this case, the fetus looked fine, but probably not the mother, I really do not know. I shall not think too far then.

"Que sera sera, whatever will be will be... the future's not ours to see... que sera sera".

My dear child... we'll be together if we're destined to be, no matter how great the odds are. But if we're not, well... who are we humans to go against what's already written in our fates?

6 comments:

  1. Hi.. Found ur blog while googling for Dr Norshida. I was recently diagnosed with ovarian cyst.. Would u recommend her? Appreciate your feedback.. Thank u n good luck to u..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.. Sorry for the delay in replying. I find her ok so far; she's nice, open to discussion and willing to explain things to patients. Thank you & best wishes...
    ~Cassandra~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cassandra, may I know finally did u deliver in Columbia Asia Balakong with Dr. Norshida? How did u find their service there & doctor?

    Appreciated for ur sharing..

    Thanks.

    ~Emily~

    ReplyDelete
  4. My greatest apology to Emily for the extremely late feedback, I regret to inform that I only noticed that her comment had automatically fallen into the "spam" section when it isn't one. It's my shortcoming for omitting to thoroughly check my comments section.
    For just in case anyone has the same question as Emily, here's a brief answer:
    Around the 7th month of pregnancy, I was in the midst of my consideration to deliver at Columbia Asia Balakong with Dr Norshida because I was satisfied with the service and treatment over there. My two options were either Govt hospital (Serdang, maybe?) or Columbia Balakong.
    However, due to the unforeseen, I ended up delivering my first child at Hospital Ampang.

    Once again, my sincere apology to you Emily... hope you're doing great and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. If you are having another child, would you try Dr. Norshida?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Faz,

    Definitely.

    For my subsequent children between 2014 to 2017, I did go back to Dr. Norshida for my early check-ups.

    However, due to my condition (cervical insufficiency), I had to be referred elsewhere for further treatment and monitoring from the second trimester onward. Otherwise, I would have loved to continue my antenatal check-up and delivery by her.

    ReplyDelete