Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pre-Wedding Photography Preview

Background
I'm pretty shy when it comes to taking and sharing photographs of myself, and therefore only pose for official purposes - 99% of the time.

I'm not...
Please forgive me if I sound narcissist today, but I swear that it actually seldom happen. After all, I've always got to go on extra miles to gather enough confidence to pose for photographs, let alone self-admiration. :P

For the first time
So long after establishing my blog cum diary, this is the first time I'm putting up photographs of my husband and I on the blog after I for so long... so I'm a little excited.

Before I divulge into the photography experience recently, here are just a preview for what's drafted for my pre-wedding album. There are many more to come, both indoor and outdoor photographs.

For a start, let me share a few indoor photographs here. I am no pretty supermodel, but just a humble young lady with an ordinary life (a life that's challenging as well, as I'm physically-tired from shouldering the responsibilities of 2 people at home).



Indoor photography in evening attire...
(photographed in the studio, behind is a huge glass panel cum window facing the main street)


In full white-attire...

And finally, in Chinese costume comprising mandarin-collared attire and "kwa qun"...



Digressing a little
In light of what just occured recently, it's no surprise that I particularly like my cousin's remark that I looked like my mom in this picture. I suspect the reason behind liking the remark so much is because I miss my mom very much.

For the first time ever, folks think that I finally look like my mom, yay... *.* Anyway, if I look like my mom at all, I'm probably only a distorted version of her. My mom's naturally-beautiful, I'm not.


Back to the topic today.....

Pre-Wedding Photography in a Nutshell
My summarised list of facts & commentaries:

1. The Studio: Victoria in SS2, PJ

2. Costume SelectionReasonable. I'm generally satisfied with the range available. For our package, we are allocated 2 white wedding gowns and 1 evening gown for indoor photography, 1 white gown for outdoor, and 1 set of traditional attire (in which we have chosen the "kwa qun" over Japanese and classical French costume).

3. Make-up and Hair
I do not know the name of the resident bridal make-up artist, but she's very professional, puts in a high level of effort in ensuring perfection, and friendly. I'm happy with her work.

4. Photographer
Again, I do not know their names. I only know my SA's name.
Our photographer is a young guy, assisted by another who's also around his age. I had a pleasant experience with both the photographer and his assistant.

5. Album Design
I'm neither a designer nor anyone deep into the art of photography, so I won't be able to comment in details. From what's shown to us during the viewing session, the proposed draft looked fine.

But please do take note that there are many "more premium" designs and types of album available, and the SA will try to persuade clients to take them up.

Ultimately, it boils down to your personal preference. My only advice with this regard is to be decisive of what you really want/need for your album and frames.

6. Outdoor Photoshoot
It was very hot... literally-speaking. It's 3 pm by the time we finished the indoor photography. As I have yet to unravel my outdoor photographs, I'll only divulge the venue then.

Again, with my devil-may-care attitude with regard to wedding-related arrangements such as photography, tradition and ceremony, I'm fine with anywhere as long as the scenary looks good on photos.

7. Pricing
Just like the rest of the studios, extra charges are inherent in all the photography packages offered. My advice is to be prepared with 20% extra because even if no additions are made, for e.g. assuming that you don't add anything extra to your photography package, the extra sum will inevitably crop up.

Last, but not least...

Marriage goes beyond photography per se... it takes a lot more than just a wedding.


3 comments:

  1. So nice! I'm happy for you. And can I just say that the chinese oufit looks great on you and you should totally wear one at your ceremony! :)

    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Paul... sure, I'll take heed of your suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure both of you have a great and sweet memorable on that Big day. http://www.annieloiseaubridal.com.my/

    ReplyDelete