Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Where to Begin?

Part of my job requires writing, but I think that I'm only doing mediocre so far. I enjoy writing nonsense, but deep inside I realise that I should channel my time for more productive activities such as contributing articles to the division newsletter of my workplace.

I am excited to write and contribute. I felt somewhat honoured when my boss told me to try working on my own article. "What's the big deal?", one may ask. Even I asked that to myself. But to a novice who has never prepared any serious write-up, it is big.

Excited, yes... but feeling insecure too. I may have a flair for writing craps, but I'm not sure about preparing write-ups with substance.

Give me an idea as to what topic to ramble on, and I'll start right away. But the truth with regard to working life is such that we have to be independent. "Work life" is an entirely distinct galaxy altogether, unlike "student life" where the latter (in our country) is frequently filled with spoon-feeding. The reality seems sad, but this is the local reality today.

As of now, I have yet to gather a clue as to what to write. My instinct tells me that I'll do fine, but I'm sure there'll be a long way for improvement before I can finally succeed in having my own article given any green light. I may even have to face lots of scolding for producing "crap", LOL.

Fear not, I'm prepared to face the music regardless of the outcome of my "article". I only pray that I come up with a real article as opposed to another piece of trash.... just like this note of mine on my blog now.

In the meantime, I'll go ask the one who has lots to say about current affairs, including the law, for fresh ideas. Wish me luck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment