Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Diary Entry: Doing What

Taking a bus once in a while seems like a luxury! No need to battle (i.e. drive) through stressful street conditions to get to LRT station today.

Those days, I used to dread taking the feeder bus. Neither because of discomfort nor meeting up with my dear busmate, but it's the inconsistent schedule that upset me. If the bus had been more efficient, I wouldn't have bothered looking at car.

The main outcome of such inconsistency was arriving later than required at work. Not that I wasn't late today when I took the bus and didn't drive. Autumn leaves are falling down anyway, so it's perfectly ok if I'm late today, which is only once in a blue moon.

Reason for not using "my" car today is because I'm travelling today. Yes, I am... this evening. Though not going anywhere new, still, I'm delighted that I'm having a few days off. And if everything goes well, I shall travel a little further weeks later. Not anywhere far, but somewhere so near and yet so far. It's domestic travel (I'm taking KTM... I booked 1st class for greater comfort - 6 hours journey. Reason being, I've worked hard (arguably so, it's subjective), and saved enough, so it's ok to self-treat a little now).

Many friends have asked whether I drive my car outside the city. Well, seldom. So far, only to Ipoh once, Melaka once, and Putrajaya once. But I've always felt it to be a challenge to drive a small k-car on the highway. The car feels very lightweight and 'floaty', esp when coming across huge vehicles around or the speed goes above 100 km/h. So, I have decided to sit back and relax in a train than to drive. Btw, train is much more comfortable compared to bus.

I got some extra sleep from yesterday night. Confession of the day - I woke up a 7 am today. This is how I missed the 7 am bus, but still fortunate enough to come across the 7.40 bus when I didn't expect to see the bus around. As usual, the LRT is more packed than ever, since it's 8.05 when I arrived there. More people rushing to work at that time.

Work-wise, I'm beginning to get more work. However, they came a little too late when I'm in the midst of phasing out. Goodbye my dear colleagues...

No comments:

Post a Comment