Saturday, June 20, 2009

Down Memory Lane & Shoes

Here's a diary entry for the day...

June 20...
How not to remember the day? Things would only roll around when one least expects them to come. My summer holiday in 2005... Call me silly for thinking only if we can turn back time... Now that I'm supposedly independent, my future lies in my own hands, although the ultimate fate lies with god.

Shoes, oh shoes!
I sent my dazzling-stoned sandal for minor repair just now. Relieved that there's a cobbler nearby (I didn't know earlier, just fortunate that I've kept that sandal in the car, and when I came across the cobbler, I immediately took my sandal from the car for fixes). As usual, my rough usage of sandal is always the culprit behind such damages, regardless of what quality or brand. The only reason why I bothered repairing this sandal is because it's still new.

While waiting for the sandal to be fixed, I walked into Atria next door. I felt bored in Atria though, nothing to my interest. I guess the place is only nice for families or more elderly people, who want to dine and shop more relaxingly, and sans heavy traffic compared to going to One Utama or those at Mutiara Damansara.

I also bought a new pair of sandal. I simply went to Bata shop. I choose Bata today because I thought of buying something cheap, but reasonably nice and comfortable. Vincci is pretty and cheap, but it's not meant for me. Not because I frown upon it; in fact, I wished I could wear Vincci so that I don't have to pay so much for sandals. But I've tried a few times years ago and my feet could never tolerate them.

I don't have faith in how well I keep my shoes, so a spare should be ideal. Contrary to belief that girls have many pairs of shoes, I don't. Right now, I have 1 pair of leather shoe, 2 pairs of perfect-conditioned sandals, and another 2 pairs of reasonable-looking-but-wearing-out sandals. Also 1 pair that's going to rip off anytime, so I only wear it at home. And of course, a pair of sneakers that I hardly wear nowadays; thinking of how my dad used to tell me I should wear girly-shoes more.

But I'm always very scared to wear genuine leather sandals! It's dangerous to wet them, and obviously unwise to wear the same pair everyday without eventually wearing out your confidence in wearing it, out on a date for instance.

Here are a few comments about 2 brands that I found pretty nice:

Scholl - Perfectly comfortable, all made of genuine leather. Reasonably contemporary. Best for pregnant moms and whoever wanting comfort and good grip. It's not slippery, which makes it cool for someone like me who's clumsy at times. The shoes/sandals are lasting; they may sometimes look worn out, but nonetheless still last for another 1 or 2 years. Price ranges around 2xx.

Hush Puppies - Genuine leather, pretty, and has reasonably good grip. Generally comfortable, but not as lasting as Scholl. In order to extend its lifespan, the sandal should best be worn on alternate days. About the same price as Scholl.

1 comment:

  1. ambil award di http://www.rmartz.co.cc/2009/06/award-for-you.html

    ReplyDelete