Sunday, June 7, 2009

Korean House, SS2

Despite being a foodie who loves eating, I hardly write anything about food, together with pictures. Thanks to my beloved Casio Exilim, I'm able to have a few pictures here. ;) I'm a camera novice who still has a long way to learn, so the pictures may be imperfect. :)

It's the 2nd time I had Korean food in my whole life. The first time was in Japan a few years ago (weird huh, having Korean food in Japan), had Korean-style barbequed meat. So yesterday, I went to one in SS2 for hot pot with my roommate and housemate.

Since I've not been to Korea, I don't have a clear idea of how Korean food is. As long as the taste is good, I'll be more than happy to eat! By the way, the restaurant is Korean-owned.

1st preview:




The appetizers...



A little of everything in small plates.

Next, comes the main course. It's a small-sized hot pot with seafood and vegetables. The broth tasted nice, a little hot and spicy.



At Korean House, free refills are given for tea. It's kind of cool that we're given complimentary dishes as well, as below:



This egg serving reminds me of chawan mushi served at Japanese restaurants. But this one tastes different of course.

Next, we're also served with a chilled drink. I don't know the name of the drink, but one of its main ingredients is ginger. It tastes gingery and sweet. Very nice, makes the body feel warm upon drinking.



Overall, we had a good time dining at Korean House. The staff were very polite and the service was very good. It was around 11 pm when we're done with dinner, and it was a great delight that we're given a little discount. Will defintely consider returning one day. Meanwhile, I also wonder if there's any chance to go to Hartamas for more Korean food there, and maybe even the country itself?

No comments:

Post a Comment