Thursday, January 28, 2010

Delicious "Lui cha"

Just discovered this stall at "Big Tree" at Pasir Pinji in Ipoh. Prior to this, I've only tried the "yong tau foo" at Big Tree. But recently, my mom and I discovered this stall that sells tasty 'Lui cha'.


The stall's name in mandarin reads "lao ma zi lei cha" (yes, I can read Chinese now... ;P ), or "lou ma chi lui cha" in cantonese (being the frequently-used dialect on the streets in Ipoh), which simply means "mom's lui cha".
From what I know about the cuisine, it's the native cuisine of the 'ho po' hakka people. The stall owner is a lady, who told us she learnt to make 'lui cha' from her mom-in-law who belongs to the 'ho po' community.



The dish is healthy and nutritious because it's a blend of a few types of vegetables. It has got only vegetables. I'm not sure about the ingredients to prepare the dish though. 'Lui cha' is in the form of soup, which is popularly served with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment