Friday, September 7, 2012

The Mentari Spa at Tanamera

Craving a self-reward after working hard in looking after the kid for the past few months, I have decided to head to Tanamera Spa for some pampering.   
 
View of the floor from above the bench ~ rose petals and chrysanthemum floating on water

Mentari Spa for the "night-owl"
After moments of consideration, I have decided to try the "Mentari Spa", a mini package comprising body massage, scrub and mask that takes about 2 hours.

There are a selection of plant-based massage oil to choose from - basil, coconut, ginger, coffee and mixed herbs.  The mixed herbs oil has a sharp but pleasant fragrance that's supposed to be stress-soothing.  Well, I am stressed because I have many new challenges to face nowadays, and sleep-deprived because my kid is a night-owl (and therefore I'm forced to be one too ).

For scrub and mask, I have chosen coconut-based selection.  The scrub and mask smell heavenly-sweet.  Upon application, I was reminded of kuih made of coconut milk, as if I'm in a kuih-making kitchen.  Yum... reminds me of  kuih lapis.  The coconut scrub and mask work wonders, where the skin feels much smoother in the aftermath.

A review
Overall, I'm happy with the 2-hours session.  The massage was professionally-done, and I feel fresher after that.   I really miss feeling fresh after not being able to sleep soundly uninterrupted.  Anyway, I don't mind the interruption because at least it shows the kid is more active compared to last time, although the timing (i.e. late at night) isn't ideal .

The scrub and mask were done after massage.  I noticed that it feels a little chilly in the spa room when mask is applied to the body.  But not to worry, the chill felt is only very mild.

After everything is done, you'll be shown to the shower room for a warm shower.  Bathing robe and towel are provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment