Monday, March 11, 2013

Food for my kid - Part 2

Introduction
I am a little slow when it comes to introducing solid food, because I do not want to risk causing constipation to my kid. I went by the unconventional way and at 9 months @ 6 months corrected age, I officially started my kid with solid food.

Ideally, I do not want to rely on instant food all the time, as may be portrayed in my earlier note.  Since I have finally been able to adjust my time now, why not dedicate some to do a favour for my kid?

My intention of jotting these down is not to show off to the world as if I'm a supermom or a supercook, but just to share and maybe keep these as some kind of nostalgia.  In fact, I'm far from perfection and still have a long way to learn.  Also, who knows if one day Alvin asks what's his first food? 

Our 2nd puree
This is banana puree.  The best banana for puree is "pisang emas", the cute and petite ones.  It's tasty and small (the latter factor is important if you prepare the puree using a spoon).


Fish and pumpkin porridge

The raw materials....









and the end result. 

This is a mixture of carrot and pumpkin.  Blended into paste form and cooked.

Somehow sensing the possibility of rejection, I have decided to incorporate this puree together with the porridge instead of feeding direct. 

Perhaps some may notice that I'm using milk storage containers as food containers nowadays... not wanting them to end up as white elephants ever since the involuntary cessation of b-feeding/EBM project (I'm still in slight disbelief that I'm dependent on FSM because it's contrary to my original intention, but I'm forced to settle with it). 




And lastly, this is porridge with fish and red spinach.  I love red!  :)











There's still a long list of other food ahead to experiment, but for a start, lets stick to these plus introduce some new ones gradually.

No comments:

Post a Comment