Saturday, December 5, 2009

Housekeeping

I've suddenly got a great desire to change what's around me. I've recently changed the set-up of my desk at home. There's nothing spectacular about the arrangement, and this is what I ought to have done long ago. The only difference now is maybe it looks more feminine now.


The desk looks "student", except that there isn't any academic book on it. The HP Mini netbook (yes, it's a netbook & not a notebook) which comes with my DiGi Broadband subscription is one of my latest major purchases. The PC speaker is "stolen" from my dearest brother who no longer uses it. :p

Green jewellery box from W.X, black one is a gift from a cosmetic company. Purple magazine holder and semi-round jar, all for RM 5 each from Hinode Shop (yes, I am a junkie of cheap household items). Hanging items on the speaker are free gifts during Chinese New Year.

At least whenever I'm in the room now, I feel more at peace with my stuff. Anyway, after the massive desk revamp project, I've also done likewise to my cupboard and bookshelf. The upper deck of my bed remains the same with the few alternate sheets every now and then, but my desire is itching me up whereby I feel like buying a comforter which I saw at The Mall recently. It's quilted, the fabric has a comfortable texture and cute prints.

However, it's a little pricey and I'm still considering; I wonder if I need such a huge piece of comforter that can fit a queen-sized bed to replace my blanket which I feel like replacing, when my bed is only a single bed on the top deck (as opposed to my roommate's on the bottom, which is wider).

Of late, I've developed a type of thing about not being able to stand mess. For good or bad, since it seems like an "obsession"? Even when the washing sink in the bathroom starts to have little stains, I'd scrub and polish them away. Don't know why, a few dots on its white-coloured surface are enough to disgust me when I want to wash my face. Unlike last time when all that did not matter.

I just don't mind doing the cleaning myself although my landlord has a domestic helper who can help; I find great satisfaction in doing the cleaning myself. Good "lah", so I'm a copy of my mom now for liking to do such work. Parents really influence their kids a great deal! If that's the case, should I become a mom one day, I must set a good example to "my kid(s)".

Suddenly, I developed a preference for greater feminity... except for my car which I still prefer to be non-feminine i.e. absolutely no decorative items for car interior.

No comments:

Post a Comment