Thursday, September 3, 2009

Weekend in Ipoh

I was back home in Ipoh during the Merdeka weekend. I was glad to join my cousin and friend back to Ipoh on Friday night. Fortunately, the traffic had eased down a lot by the time we started our journey and there wasn't traffic congestion on the highway.

The Mega Sale was coming towards the end. Earlier, I did a little shopping in KL. When my mom asked me to go to Ipoh Parade together, I couldn't resist anymore. We parked opposite Ipoh Parade, near the 100 yen shop. There was an orchid competition nearby (I didn't know that...).

So, here are a few scenes amateurly taken with my humble phone:


Persatuan Orkid Perak...











I'm not in any way a pro in flowers, so I do not know how to comment. I think they're beautiful.

This is what my mom bought:



Looks real from far? It's a fake plant. Actually, my mom has been admiring this artificial decorative orchid at Parkson for the past few months. But she did not buy it until recently. I suspect the unexpected orchid exhibition played a huge role in the decision to finally buy this fake plant. My mom is gladly relieved to have bought it, while my dad just laughed at it. Probably thinking "women... women...". :p

Orchids aside, I also joined my mom to the market. This is the Ipoh Central Market:



It's a real wet market, not like the Central Market in KL that sells handicrafts.

Here's a random picture of a vegetable wholesale shop opposite Ipoh Central Market:



On the second last day of the Mega Sale, I went around Ipoh Parade. Not that I really had lots of things in mind to buy. In fact, I bought little thing. For this sale season, I've bought sandal and a blouse from The Mall, a blouse from Ipoh Parade. I also changed new glasses to a red-rimmed one (btw, I 'can see' because I wear contact lens). I was initially tempted to go for the Transition lenses that's capable of changing to dark shade within seconds when under the sun, but since I usually wear contacts instead of glasses when outdoors, I'd better not because Transition lenses per se cost RM 5xx and who knows how soon or not soon I need to upgrade my lenses in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment