Saturday, August 1, 2009

HP Mini




My computer. Yes, with a car wallpaper as usual! ;)

I was in the midst of thinking "oh, no. No more access to the net after this..." when I came across the DiGi Broadband promotion. For RM 138 monthly over a period of 2 years, the broadband service comes with a mini notebook - the HP Mini.

Seems like an attractive offer, and I did not hesitate to walk across to the shop from my brother's workplace. I like the fact that the computer's ready for surfing after 2 hours of activation. It's really on-the-spot - register & bring home the tiny laptop. There's no external modem required, all is required is just a SIM card to be inserted into the computer.

The service so far so good. It's sufficient to cater to my needs. At the moment, DiGi Broadband has coverage in the Klang Valley. Can't wait till when the coverage gets wider so that I may also go on the net when in Ipoh.

The HP Mini that comes with this package has the following specifications, among them: Intel Atom N280 Processor (1.66 GHz), 160 GB hard drive, 1024 MB SDRAM, Windows XP, a webcam, 10.1" screen (it's anti-glare), 3 USB ports and a memory card reader port. It has no Bluetooth and no DVD player. But it's ok, I seldom watch DVDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment