Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Taiping Lake Gardens

I was in Taiping recently for a purpose and was delighted to revisit some of the most memorable sites during my childhood. A trip to this historic town would be incomplete without visiting the Taiping lake gardens.

Random views of the lake garden from the 5th floor of Flemington Hotel...



Trees of more than a century old touching the waters...


This is where mom+daughter had a picture taken together back in 1984.... This spot remains as serene as ever.


A gloomy evening...



Fancying a ride across the lake...

View of the lake from a mini plateau...


A stroll along the path of the lake garden...

There's no traffic hassle in the morning of a typical working day... splendid! At this point, I tried imagine myself as a resident of Taiping, life must be so much more pleasant and less stressful.

The nostalgic slide that I used to play on during my pre-sibling days, just like other kids in Taiping back then.


Lake of lotus with the zig-zag bridge...

As far as I know, the zig-zag bridge has been in existence for a long time... I've seen a black-and-white photo of it in my mom's album.


An image of Maxwell Hill (or Bukit Larut) as reflected in the waters...

It's been 19 years ago since I last went up to Maxwell Hill

The TTT wordings erected not too long ago...

This is the Sky Bar of Flemington prior to a heavy shower... a fun but risky swim under the rain, anyone? :P


Depending on one's preference, Taiping is the place to be for anyone who likes a serene environment with plenty of greenery, delicious hawkers' food, and a quiet place to relax.

P/S: Taiping is my mother's hometown, also partly mine as I spent a significant amount of time there during my early years.

2 comments:

  1. waaa... really miss all of those places too.. it even reminds me of my childhood days.. going jogging with my dad at the Taiping Lake Garden.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here Laxmi, haha. Taiping... a nostalgic town that remains forever in the hearts of its *children* :)

    ReplyDelete