Saturday, January 8, 2011

Products from Tanamera

Fell in love with Tanamera recently! :P

How it started
Upon hearing about the good services at Tanamera Wellness Spa in Sooka Sentral from one of my colleagues, I became curious to try it out. I like Tanamera spa for 2 major reasons, namely that all Tanamera products are made from natural tropical plants and free from strong chemicals, and that it's an "all-ladies" spa. I have nothing against guys, but I find it more comfortable to do certain things in an exclusively-ladies' spa.

Facial & Shopping
My first visit to Tanamera spa in Sooka was for a 'sengkuang' facial. On top of the facial, I've recently bought a few items from Tanamera to try out. There was a Tanamera Mega Sale where all products were discounted for 20%. After trying them out, in a nutshell, I'd like to say that Tanamera products are of high quality, environmental-friendly and reasonably-priced.

1. The Tanamera's Spa Jerneh Body Moisturiser: Pleasantly fragrant, very moisturising yet non-sticky, and I'm happy with the fact that unlike other ordinary lotions, its fragrance doesn't cause me to sneeze.

2. Re-mineralizing Aqueous Facial Mist with Standardized Herbal Extract and Lavender Essential Oil: A cool facial mist that refreshes and gently moisturises the facial skin. I use this as my daily toner.

3. The Brown Soap:

I don't clearly remember the exact ingredients of this soap, other than turmeric. It has a gritty surface (of rice) to act as scrub. This soap is ideal for showering or whenever one feels like having a body scrub. It helps to unclog the pores on my back.

4. The Black Soap: This is a facial soap. Best for oily skin or those with acne. Similar to the brown soap, this soap can be used as a cleanser, scrub or mask. 3 in 1, just need to do according to the leaflet of instructions. Although I generally don't have acne problems, I have combination skin. I'm currently using it daily. But I try not to scrub now because after my first time scrubbing my face with the soap, I ended up with a few pimples suddenly popping up. But I like this soap because it works very effectively in cleansing and smoothening my facial skin. And all without drying it up.

5. The Scalp & Hair Revitalizer: This is a hair conditioner. I bought this for my mom. But I managed to try some and like those other items listed above, I love this conditioner. No more frizzes. I wish to buy one for myself later. I wanted to try the shampoo too, but the Tanamera at Sooka had ran out of stock at that time.

The Tamanera Menu
Tanamera spa offers various types of services comprising face work (3 types of facial - 'sengkuang' / 'manggir' / kacang hijau'), hair work (treatment and henna), body work (body scrub), massages, etc. Tanamera spa also provides bridal package (face work+hair work+body work+flower bath), once a week for 4 cycles, and post-natal package. The services offered are a combination of the Malay and ayurvedic practices.

Back then
I remember that I used to frequently walk past a Tanamera stall at the KL Central Market . However, I did not pay much attention to the stall at that time because I had a false impression that such "fragrant but all-natural" products must be very pricey. But in reality, they are not much dearer. No doubt costing slightly more, but the quality is worth it.

I enjoyed the facial
Back to the facial, I enjoyed the session very much. First, the spa therapist cleansed my face with the Tanamera gentle cleanser. Then followed by a 'sengkuang' scrub. Next was a facial massage using the Tanamera cold pressed virgin coconut oil. After that, there was the hand and shoulder massage which was very relaxing and comfortable. Finally, I had a hibiscus mask. Smooth and nice, I would definitely consider another in the future.

Hair Work
The latest I had at Tanamera was the hair treatment last week. Also a good one. I wish my hair can be as smooth as the aftermath everyday.

Moving forward
The spa therapist recommended me to take up the bridal package if I'm getting married (hah, marriage? At my age, it's no surprise to get married). With such professional service and excellent products, it's worth the consideration. :)

Lastly, I almost can't believe it that I've fell in love with going to the spa, facial, hair work and such. I don't know whether this is for good or otherwise, but this is definitely something unimaginable back in my earlier days. Though I'm no pretty super-model, I'm obviously beginning to appreciate the need to upkeep myself with how a woman ought to care for herself, apart from having a balanced diet and doing enough physical activity. Physical activity - the next area to look into.

No comments:

Post a Comment